This course covers the following Units of Competency from CHC33015 Certificate III Individual Support
Units of Competency
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCCSO011 Meet Personal support needs
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS023 Support Independence and wellbeing
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCDIV001 Work with Diverse people
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carer and families
- CHCHCS001 Provide home and community support services
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and residential settings who are required to provide person-centered support to people that are ageing, people with disabilities or other reasons.
Work involves using discretion and judgement as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Students will learn a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide appropriate support.
This course covers two specialisations (ageing and home and community), with prospects of adding a short course in Disability specialisation in 2017 which would complete all three specialisations for the Individual Support qualification. Contact the administration office or comeback to the website for course dates.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work placement as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency. Placement for the full qualification will be arranged by the College.
o Field Officer
o Assistant in Nursing
o Home Care Assistant
o In-Home Respite Worker
o Care Worker
o Personal Care Assistant
o Community Care Worker
o Personal Care Giver
o Residential Care Worker
o Support Worker
A Statement of Attainment will be issued for units completed in this course.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government (Smart and Skilled) – contact reception for full course details and to see if you meet the eligibility criteria.
|Next Start Date||Taking expression of interest for the July 2020 courses|
|Duration||Full Qualification: 3 days per week - 26 weeks | Part Qualification: 2 days per week - 26 weeks|
|Delivery Mode||Classroom, flexible|
|Location||Coffs Coast Community College|
Have an enquiry about support? Send us a message and we'll be in touch with you as soon as possible.