This course covers the following Units of Competency from CHC33015 Certificate III Individual Support
Units of Competency
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCCS015 Provide individualised support
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCHCS001 Provide home and community support Services
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and residential settings who are required to provide person-centered support to people that are ageing, people with disabilities or other reasons.
Work involves using discretion and judgement as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Students will learn a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide appropriate support.
This course covers two specialisations (ageing and home and community). On completion of the qualification you will be able to enrol in the Disability specialisation which would complete all three specialisations for the Individual Support qualification. Contact the Administration Office or comeback to the website for course dates.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work placement as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency. Placement for the full qualification will be arranged by the College.
- Field Officer
- Assistant in Nursing
o Home Care Assistant
o In-Home Respite Worker
o Care Worker
o Personal Care Assistant
o Community Care Worker
o Personal Care Giver
o Residential Care Worker
o Support Worker
A Statement of Attainment will be issued for units completed in this course.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government – contact the Administration Office for full course details and to see if you meet the eligibility criteria.
Have an enquiry about support? Send us a message and we'll be in touch with you as soon as possible.
What our Students are saying about us
"This course was a delight to attend from beginning to end. So well thought out and interesting and taught in such an interactive way that it was a joy to come each day and participate. Everyone in the class got along beautifully and the sense of accomplishment at the end of each module was amazing. I would recommend Coffs Coast Community College for any of the courses they have on offer. You won't be disappointed." Sharai Nove 2019
“Dayna, Amanda, Pauline and especially Vicki are amazing, dedicated, passionate, interesting, experienced Adult Trainers. Vicky should be commended as Head Teacher…Expertise is beyond years.” 2018
“Our trainer was very approachable” 2018
“Vicky, Dayna and Pauline were all so helpful and encouraging.” 2018