CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and residential settings who are required to provide person-centered support to people that are ageing, people with disabilities or other reasons. This course covers the core units and of two specialisations (Ageing and Disability).
The units of Competency students will study are:
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCCS015 Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- CHCDIS001 Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCDIS001 Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach (included in main course)
- CHCDIS002 Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS003 Support community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
Students are encouraged to complete the other units to complete both specialisations. This will improve employment options as well as industry knowledge and versatility.
Work involves using discretion and judgement as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Students will learn a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide appropriate support.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work placement as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency. Placement for the full qualification will be arranged by the College.
Future job opportunities include:
- Field Officer
- Assistant in Nursing
- Home Care Assistant
- In-Home Respite Worker
- Care Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Disability support worker
- Support Worker
- Community Care Worker
- Personal Care Giver
- Residential Care Worker
Send us a message!
Simply complete the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Visit Coffs Coast Community College Reception during office hours 8.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday. Complete an Enrolment Form and finalise payment at reception.
Course Details - CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
Next Start Date
22 November 2022
Additional Course beginning early 2023
Full Qualification: 3 days per week - 23 weeks
Delivery Mode Classroom and Work Placement
Coffs Coast Community College
Costs vary depending on the delivery method suited to your needs.
Contact us to find out if you are eligible for Government assistance.