This course covers the following Units of Competency from CHC33015 Certificate III Individual Support
Units of Competency
- CHCDIS001 Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach.
- CHCDIS002 Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS003 Support community
- participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disabilities
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason.
Pre requisite: Application for individuals currently employed in the community and residential industry or have completed their and can demonstrate competence in Certificate III in Individual Support.
* This training is subsidised by the NSW Government smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au
|Next Start Date||Jul 1, 2019|
|Duration||Monday 9am – 3pm Tuesday 4pm – 8pm Finishes Aug 20, 2019|
|Delivery Mode||Classroom and Flexible|
|Location||Coffs Coast Community College|
|Fee||$600 – concessions available*|
|Fee Exemptions||Fee Exemptions|
Have an enquiry about support? Send us a message and we'll be in touch with you as soon as possible.