Join the extremely talented artist, Stephen Cassettari, and be inspired by his creativity to produce beautiful artwork using a bamboo brush and rice-paper to paint with single brush strokes and two colour loading. Learn to paint traditional subjects and motifs such as landscapes and spring flowers for a variety of art pieces, craft and home wares.
Stephen Cassettari is a specialist of bamboo painting which is the most difficult category of the Chinese Art. He frequently exhibits and sells his work in various places and has studied Chinese brush painting for over 34 years. He teaches the only correspondence course in Chinese brush painting in Australia. Visit Stephen’s website for more information at:
- Chinese painting brush - available from tutor for $7
- Set of watercolour tubes – available from newsagents
- Two kids scrapbooks (newsprint) – available from newsagents
- Two white saucers - for a palette
- Low water container eg. margarine container
- Cotton cloth eg. an old tea towel
- Small tea cup (for Chinese tea)
Information about other requirements for specific workshops will be available at the time of enrolling.
|Next Start Date||Taking expressions of interest for this course. Please enquire.|
|Duration||2 day workshop | Sat & Sun | 10:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Location||Coffs Coast Community College|